T-28 Pilot Qualifications
T-28B/C/D/Fennec Pilot Qualifications in USA
Per FAA Order 8900.1, Vol. 5, Ch. 9, Sec. 2 (change 570, Jan 2018)
All T-28 models, with the exception of the 800HP T-28A, have the following pilot qualification requirements:
5-1580B. Former Military Propeller-Driven Airplane lists:
- Possess at least a U.S. private pilot certificate with an appropriate category and class rating (e.g., airplane, single-engine land);
- Possess at least a valid U.S. third-class medical certificate (T-28s exceed the BasicMed MGTOW limit of 6,000 pounds);
- Have logged a minimum of 500 hours of pilot flight time; and
- Have completed one of the training requirements of subparagraph 5-1582B.
5-1580E. Experimental Propeller-Driven Aircraft appears to add:
- Have logged 50 hours complex time.
(NOTE: Complex and high power endorsements are implied)
The order may be downloaded here (fsims.faa.gov/wdocs/8900.1/v05%20airman%20cert/chapter%2009/05_009_002rev1.pdf)
List of examiners with T-28 authorization