T-28 Pilot Qualifications
T-28B/C/D/Fennec Pilot Qualifications
Per FAA Order 8900.1, Vol. 5, Ch. 9, Sec. 2.
- Possess at least a U.S. private pilot certificate with an appropriate category and class rating (e.g., airplane, single-engine land);
- Possess at least a valid U.S. third-class medical certificate (T-28s exceed the BasicMed MGTOW limit of 6,000 pounds);
- Have logged a minimum of 500 hours of pilot flight time;
- Have completed one of the training requirements of subparagraph 5-1582B; and
- Have logged 50 hours complex time.
(NOTE: Complex and high power endorsements are implied)
The order may be downloaded here (fsims.faa.gov/wdocs/8900.1/v05%20airman%20cert/chapter%2009/05_009_002rev1.pdf)